It has been a busy year for us for doing lots of roof repairs and colorbond roof replacements.
My guys are now on a well earned Christmas break and we are not due back until January 13th 2014. I will be in Adelaide and doing no roof work at all. So, if you will be submitting a roofing quote request during this Christmas holiday period, please be patient and I will get back to you mid January 2014.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.
2013 – the year in review doing roof repairs and colorbond roof replacements in Sydney’s west and south
We have had long dry period and also long wets. There was a period when it rained continuously for more than a week.
That meant lots of leaking roofs needing repairs and looking back over the jobs that we have done, the majority have been roof repairs due to a variety of reasons.
- Leaking skylights have been very common
In particular, leaking Velux skylights have been quite challenging.
- Rusty box gutters cause a lot of damage to the internals of the house when they decide to leak ..
It is quite common for the box gutters to give up well before the roof – so it is wise to use colorbond box gutters with adequate falls to prevent expensive box gutter replacements.
- Flat metal roofs, in particular Kliplok roofs provide a lot of continuous work for us. It is often the fault of flashings to the Kliplok roofs that are the problem…
Kliplok roofs are quite easy to lay – but the challenge is to do the flashings correctly (including turning up and turning down the sheets).
- Rusty valleys on metal and tiled roofs can cause a lot of water ingress, Including bad detailing ..
We have pulled out lots of rusty valleys and swapped them with colorbond valleys this year.
- Swiss terracotta roof tiles are my pet hate, and this year we have had plenty of them..
Swiss tiles are so bad that manufacturers don’t make them any more… but I still have to fix leaking old swiss tiled roofs!
- Leaking parapet walls. It is where the roof tiles butt up to a parapet wall where the water leakage problems are…
Instead of pulling tiles off and replacing the traditional soaker flashing along the parapet walls, we have usually gone with the option of providing a new ‘Wakaflex’ flashing with a colorbond ‘pressure seal’ to give the parapets a cleaner look.
Colorbond roof replacements:
Our other specialty is putting up colorbond metal roofs. And we have done plenty of these this year also.
Metal skillion roofs are our ‘bread and butter’
There are a lot of metal skillion roofs in Sydney. Especially in the inner west and outer western areas where we work. And we do a lot of these every year.
Changing tile roofs to colorbond metal roofs are quite fashionable now and the following pictures show why this is so.
See you in the new year……………….