What tool to use for turning down kliplok roof sheets?

We know the importance of turning down the ends of kliplok roof sheets.

And like everything in life, the right tools makes the job easier and produces a better finish.

Sadly, the standard tool that we buy to turn down the ends of kliplok sheets is a disappointment and produces a sub standard result. It is even dangerous because it slips prematurely.

And for a while, we have resorted to using the trimdek tool to do turndowns on kliplok sheets.

Even though the trimdek tool is designed for a narrower pan and we had to perform two lapping actions to complete a turn down.

Then my guys discovered a neat little trick.

If you reverse the trimdek tool and use the turnup end of the tool to perform the turn down – it produces a perfect result.

We can now throw the standard kliplok turndown tool away and just carry the more versatile trimdek tool in our tool boxes.

Just a note that the trimdek also has an integrated  corrugated sheeting turnup jaw.

6 responses to “The best tool for turning down kliplok profile roof sheets”

1. Adam Findlay says:

Hey mate im just wondering were you can buy these tools from.

2. Jack Yuen says:

Hi Adam,

Roofing tools are available either directly from the roofing manufacturers (Stramit, Lysaght, Stratco etc)… Or you can get them from roofing shops (if you are in Sydney… No 1 roofing, The roofing supermarket, KFC roofing etc).

Jack

3. Geoff says:

I made my turn down tool with a piece of wood off my chicken pen. It works great with the gutter still on. I wasn’t going to pay $120 for a tool I’d only use once in my life. I showed my mate so he used it on his trimdek and he was absolutely amazed with how great it was. I still have it as I was so proud of myself try making your own. It’s easy to make

4. bill crain says:

hi geoff
    interested in your turn down tool any pics
    we are in the same boat $120 for once only use

5. bill crain says:

sorry wrong email for
    should be bcrain52@bigpond.com
    thanks

6. Sylvia says:

Hi Geoff, we need a turn up/down tool for once only use too. Any chance you could send your pics of the tool you made to me too? We are using it on a corrugated roof. Thanks in advance. Sylvia. Sylviayerman@yahoo.com.au